Friday 9 August 2013

These numbers make me see red!

Red light cameras  Data says  watch out for Wednesday morning   Toronto StarAck! I can't read a paper any more without being attacked - by occult numbers. I'm not even looking for them but they hit in the strangest places.
Toronto’s 77 red-light cameras wrote up $11M in fines in just 18 months. And 8:46 a.m. Wednesday is the most likely time to fall victim.

via Red light cameras: Data says, watch out for Wednesday morning | Toronto Star.

So what to make of this? I know the camera holders are in place, but are they loaded? Are people getting tickets, and then paying? Is this changing people's behavior. I hear there is all kinds of trouble proving who is driving and therefore enforcing this law, so I wonder if the publicity is simply a fear campaign to modify behavior.[polldaddy poll=7310674]

No comments:

Post a Comment